Friday, September 4, 2015

My Community Service Learning Journey

Hey guys! Long time no post ;)

I want to share with you an experience I had this summer. These past few months I have been taking a course called Community Service Learning. It’s a wonderful online course, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to grow spiritually and mentally, all while earning college credit. It’s taught me what it really means to serve, and how important it is. I’ve also learned a lot about myself through the process, such as what some of my strengths and weaknesses are, and who God is calling me to be.

For this course, I needed a service project, in order to practice and expand on what I’ve been learning about service. So I chose to use a short term mission trip to the Dominican Republic that my church, Faith Bible Church, alongside my parents, were planning. This mission trip has been done several times before by my church, and its team members were always from the youth group, with the exception of some. I have been on every single one of these trips, largely because my parents are the main coordinators, but mostly because I love the D.R. :D  Each of the trips have been special and unique in their own way, and I always learn a lot through each one. But the trip this year in particular was without a doubt the most spiritually, emotionally, and mentally enlightening one that I’ve ever been on. That was mainly because God used this course to make this trip really impactful on my life. In these next few posts I am going to be sharing some things that I learned on this trip and how they influenced my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment