Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Truth

I've always heard that the best relationships begin with honesty. Starting this blog kind of feels to me like starting a new relationship. So I'm going to test this theory and start with the flat out bare naked truth. So brace yourself.

The truth is that I'm not really the kind of person to do this kind of thing. I used to typically not be the one who liked to share her thoughts. Sometimes it was because I didn't think my thoughts were any good. Sometimes it was because when the moment came to speak, I had forgotten what I was thinking. Which isn't too rare of me. But the main reason was mostly because I was afraid. I was afraid that if people heard my thoughts, they might've thought they were stupid or senseless. I was afraid of what people would think. And I realized that I wasn't the only one who thought that way. There are a lot of people who are afraid to share any deep thoughts they have, because they don't want people to scoff or disagree with them. Or make them feel like idiots. Or think that they're trying to act above everyone else. And it made me realize a few things. People tend to be afraid of things that shouldn't be feared. Yes, for some things you should have caution. But not fear, because fear is really blinding. It prevents you from seeing the real deal.
If no one ever shared their thoughts, ideas, or opinions, where would life be? No one would get inspired. Most of the inventions we have today wouldn't exist. Millions of people would have died in the slave trade that still would have been legal today. Rome or Greece would probably still hold the highest power on earth. My family would be part of an Indian tribe living in the Dominican Republic. Or we'd be Roman Catholics. Or both. No one would have any good music to share. Would we even have music? There definitely wouldn't be any museums of any sort. Probably half of the world would be non existent.
Sharing what you have in mind is pretty much what's making the world go round. What kind of place would the world be if no one ever spoke their imaginations, stories, deep thoughts, what they've learned, or inspirations? It'd be a lot like this:

 
Empty, lifeless, pointless, stupid, bleak, annoying, the adjectives just go on and on. Well, maybe not that extreme. There might be a tuff of grass somewhere. And yes, I googled that picture. But you get the point. We'd still be living in the bushes had no one ever shared themselves. There'd be no inspiration. No motivation. So that's the main reason I'm doing this. I feel that it's my responsibility as a human being to share what's on my mind with the rest of you guys (a.k.a. the human race). Even if most of them end up being ridiculous, you never know if one will be worth it. Maybe I'll inspire someone someday somehow.
I'm also hoping this will give me motivation to do more in life. I'm not doing much right now and there's so much that can be done. There's so much potential. And the more you do, the more tales there are to tell. 
 
HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  SYDNEY  CECILIA  MALONE!!!!!!!!! I dedicate this first post to that little girl. She's the one who gave me the title of this blog. Her big ol' B-day was yesterday and she's now been alive for two whole decades!!!!!!!! Way to GO!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. AND THERE wouldn't be any guacamole! We might not even have DISCOVERED avocados! GASP.

    p.s. that was great! its probably my fault you think people will call your ideas dumb. because I call more than half your ideas dumb before you even say them. but hey? what are sisters for? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I think its appropriate you used cursive font. you wouldn't be the same without your kindergarten handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction, I USED to think people would call my ideas dumb. Read it carefully bro!

    ReplyDelete