Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

IT'S EARTH DAY!! I love earth day. It's a great reminder of how awesome the earth is. I was going to put a cool picture to give you an example, but instead why don't you go outside and see for yourself? And I know that some people just roll their eyes and say that earth day is for hippies, and I know some that just say the world is going to burn anyways, so why bother taking care of it so much? And you're right. The world is going to burn. So I guess that means we can just throw away the Mona Lisa. And all of Beethoven's music. And Shakespeare's plays. And my diploma. Because if you look at the world that way, everything is useless, and you won't see the big picture. The earth is God's masterpiece. It's the greatest work of art known to mankind. So why do we go to such great lengths to take care of miniscule paintings and petty papers of our own achievements, while we just toss our cigarettes and soda cans on the very ground we live on? That our Creator graciously provided for us? I see no reason why God would make such a wonderment called earth just so we could throw our trash everywhere on it and harmfully abuse it. Taking care of this world that God beautifully made shows our respect for Him and appreciation for all He does. And I seriously believe that it pleases Him when we do.
I stumbled upon this beautiful poem today written by a person I don't the name of, and I thought it was both clever and motivating. http://turnoffyourm1nd.tumblr.com/image/48617375696

No comments:

Post a Comment