Sunday, April 28, 2013

It is 3 a.m. right now. And I am currently on my way to Mexico. No I didn't get kidnapped. More like drafted. My sisters christian college group needed more people for their mission trip, so she asked me, and I said yes. So this morning I woke up at 2:10, and now Emily's driving on the interstate, and it's pitch black and raining. We're going to meet up with the rest of the group in Carrollton, pile up in a van, and hopefully leave by 4:30. I gotta be honest, I'm a bit nervous. This will be my first out of country experience to a country I'm really unfamiliar with. Not that I don't believe God is taking care of us, because I know it's all in His hands. I'm really just afraid of the unknown. But at the same time, I'm terribly excited. This will be quite an adventure. I'm hoping that when I come back, besides having done successful mission work, I'll know a bit more about life. And be a little wiser. Be a little more fluent in Spanish. Be a little stronger emotionally, spiritually, socially, or even physically. Maybe even be a little slimmer. ;) I'm hoping I'll comeback just a better person in general. Hopefully I won't get kidnapped, considering the Mexico crime rate. But I think I'll blend in pretty well.
Another thing, having breakfast in the middle of the night is.... weird. It's like you're not hungry, but you feel like you should eat something, but you feel like you shouldn't eat anything, and you feel like you are going to throw up either way. Coffee was extremely good this morning (night?) though. And anytime is good for good coffee so I'm good.
Hopefully I'll get some good photos while I'm there. And hopefully I won't be mistaken for an illegal immigrant and be trapped in Mexico forever. Although if I end up falling in love with the country, or someone in the country, that might not be so bad. If I don't come back, I'd like to thank all you people who chose to read this pathetic baby blog of mine. You all have a special place in my heart.

"Yeah airplanes are safer, but road trips are more fun." - anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Oh and by the way the time on my blog is wrong and I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. So don't go by that. I posted this at around 4 a.m. In case you really wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete